1 March 2019
Global (all regions)
International law firm Clifford Chance has been named the Global Law Firm of The Year in the Infrastructure Investor Awards 2018, a significant recognition of the Firm's strong track-record, in-depth experience and market leading position in the infrastructure sector.
Michael Bates, UK Regional Managing Partner at Clifford Chance commented: "This prestigious award is a major endorsement of Clifford Chance's global capabilities and expertise in the infrastructure sector. We are very proud as a firm to be recognised as a market leader by our peers and the global infrastructure sector. I would like to congratulate and thank the fantastic global infrastructure team for their dedication and teamwork in providing quality work and services to our clients."
Based on the votes cast by industry leaders, including institutional investors, investment managers, private equity firms, developers, and financial intermediaries, Infrastructure Investor gave out 41 global and regional awards this year.
Clifford Chance was first named European Law Firm of the Year by the magazine in 2010, and has maintained the same title for eight consecutive years since. The Firm advises its clients on some of the most critical and complex infrastructure mandates and projects in the world, some of the more recent infrastructure mandates include:
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition from Ørsted of a 50% interest in the Hornsea offshore wind project, for approximately £4.46 billion.
- PFA and PKA, two of Denmark’s leading pension funds, on their acquisition of a joint 50% interest in the Walney Extension offshore wind project, for approximately £2 billion.
- Capital Dynamics on the structuring and formation of its $1.2 billion Clean Energy Infrastructure fund, CEI VII, enabling the company's continued investment in renewable projects in the United States.
- CVC Capital Partners on its HK$2 billion investment in RKE, a leading toll road operator in China.
- African Infrastructure Investment Managers on its acquisition, of a 50% stake into Société d’Exploitation et de Gestion Aéroportuaires (SEGAP), a holding company with an established portfolio of airport investments across West and Central Africa.
Published by PEI, Infrastructure Investor is a monthly magazine which focuses on private infrastructure markets across the globe, collecting a monthly readership of over 21,000.