05 April 2019
Poland prepares for Brexit
In light of the political uncertainty in United Kingdom, the Polish Parliament has adopted three acts addressing the basic issues that will ensue in the event the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Under a "no-deal Brexit", EU law will cease to apply to the United Kingdom on the day the UK leaves the EU and for Member States the UK will become a third country.
In response to that situation, acts regulating the following issues have been published in the Journal of Laws:
- British citizens' right of residence;
- posting of UK workers to Poland;
- the ability of British citizens to and work and carry on economic activity in the Republic of Poland;
- recognition of professional qualifications gained in the United Kingdom; and
- the conduct of economic activity in Poland by British financial institutions.
This briefing deals with the first four areas. The regulation of the activity of financial institutions is discussed in a separate briefing.Download