The Clifford Chance Immigration group in London provides business immigration advice to financial institutions, banks, multinationals and companies operating in the UK.
Experienced immigration lawyers work with clients in the immigration aspects of cross-border mergers and acquisitions as well as providing strategic advice on international reorganisations and executive relocations. The team advises on UK immigration law and practice and regularly works with immigration colleagues in other jurisdictions to provide clients with a comprehensive immigration service.
Main areas of work include:
- advice for employers on registering as licensed sponsors and maintaining A-rated status
- strategic advice on transitional arrangements from the previous work permit based system to the points based system
- advice on all aspects of the points based system including: visas for highly skilled migrants and investors under Tier 1, visas for skilled workers under Tier 2, visas for students under Tier 4 and visas for temporary workers under Tier 5
- applications for visa entry clearance and further leave to remain
- applications for settlement in the UK (indefinite leave to remain)
- naturalisation applications for British Citizenship
- applications for EEA family members
- advice on preventing illegal working