Delivering commercial solutions in the REIT market for REITs, financial institutions and investment Banks.
Clifford Chance's Global REIT Group is an integrated network of experts across the globe that advise on complex transactions involving real estate investment funds. The Group has a breadth of experience in acting for all types of participants (including REITs, investment banks, financial institutions and shareholders) in different jurisdictions which allows it to pre-empt issues and deliver commercial solutions. The Group's global coverage means it can transfer experiences from one jurisdiction to another resulting in it being at the cutting edge of market developments.
Global REITs capability and contacts Global REITs Annual Review 2009 Introduction to REITs in China REITs taxation in France: relaxation of tax rules
Our team of experts offer "full service" advice including advice on:
- REIT formation
- secondary securities offerings
- mergers and acquisitions
- strategic investments in real estate trusts
- portfolio transactions
- day-to-day operations
- debt financings
- private equity
Real Estate Tax
Clifford Chance's deeply experienced global REITs practice is in a league of its own with coverage across Europe, Asia and the US.
The Group advise on a wide range of transactions and also have key ongoing roles in shaping the law in relation to REITs. It remains at the forefront of the REIT market through:
- A global REIT group that is backed by a world-renowned commercial real estate practice with in-depth knowledge of local real estate markets
- A dedicated REIT team with cross disciplinary skills (including tax, corporate and finance) covering a number of jurisdictions
- Experts that have been involved in the development of REIT legislation and practice
- A strong presence in the North American market being described as the law firm of choice for US REIT issuers and underwriters
- Long established REIT expertise across Asia, having been involved in the regions' landmark REIT transactions