The global asset finance group has a wealth of experience in cross-border and domestic leasing and financing of big-ticket transportation assets and related infrastructure. There are approximately 125 dedicated asset finance lawyers with detailed product and industry knowledge, working in core teams in the world's major financial centres and supported by the firm's international network.
An international, full-service practice
As part of the firm's finance and capital markets practice, we work closely with our corporate, tax, insolvency, litigation and regulatory practices, to provide a sector-focused offering and full service capabilities.
Our practice encompasses the aviation, maritime and rail industries and we act for banks, leasing companies, operators, manufacturers, arrangers, private equity houses, investment vehicles, export credit agencies, government divisions and development banks, giving us a clear insight into the threshold requirements of transaction parties and industry fundamentals.
We have extensive experience of all transaction types within the sector, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Operating leases
- Commercial debt financing
- Capital markets products, including EETCs, asset backed securitisations, secured term loans, "E-notes" and other debt and equity issuances
- Export credit agency supported financing, including ECA bonds
- Operating lease financings, on a limited or full recourse basis
- Secondary debt trading, including loan portfolio acquisitions, disposals and restructurings
- Asset sales and novations
- Restructurings and work-outs
- Receivables financing and risk transfer programmes
- Manufacturer support programmes; residual and asset value guarantees
- Remarketing and asset management
- Project linked financing (such as Private Finance Initiative/Public-Private Partnerships ("PFI/PPP") transactions
- Long-term construction financing
- Warehouse facilities
- Islamic financing
- Tax leasing
- Structured finance products, including establishing debt and equity funding platforms
- Joint venture programmes
Access the Clifford Chance Financial Markets Toolkit for a 24/7 online resource that gives you the cutting edge knowledge you need for your financial markets business. Aimed at all professionals working across the global financial markets, the Toolkit comprises a collection of publications, guides and transaction tools from across our network. It has been designed to be compatible with smart phones and tablets and its resources are available to you on demand, whenever you need them.
Sign up to our Finance Industry Alerter to receive updates on the 'must know' legislative, regulatory and market changes in banking, insurance and investment services. The Alerter is designed to meet the needs of professionals with legal and compliance responsibilities and is also used by governmental relations and other business users. The information can be personalised to suit the jurisdictions and industry sectors of most interest to you.