The Corporate Finance Trusts Group (CFTG) provides specialist advice to clients providing corporate trust and agency services.
The group is widely acknowledged to be a market leader and is the largest dedicated trustee group of any City law firm. The focus of the CFTG is in the Capital Markets Group in London but other lawyers with trusts specialism are located in Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, Italy and Germany.
We advise our clients in their various roles, including note trustee; security trustee; paying/ calculation/exchange/collateral and escrow agent, cash manager and standby cash manager, and custodian.
We act in respect of all types of transactions involving corporate trust and agency services, including:
- Debt and equity capital markets (including straight eurobonds and MTNs)
- Securitisations (including whole-business securitisations, CMBS, RMBS, and asset-backed commercial paper conduits)
- Collateralised bond obligations (CBOs), collateralised debt obligations (CDOs) and collateralised loan obligations (CLOs)
- Banking products and structured financings (including tax structures, acquisition finance and high yield debt)
- Asset finance (including aircraft, rolling stock and defeasance structures)
- Public private partnership (PPP) / private finance initiative (PFI)
- Project finance
- Restructurings and refinancings
- Noteholder meetings
- Trustee start-up and regulatory management
Responding to the current economic environment
Alongside our general transactional work, we advise on flagship transactions involving new types of assets and structures and can quickly and efficiently call upon the depth of expertise from other parts of the firm (such as tax and regulatory) where necessary. We put together the most appropriate legal team to service the particular needs and requirements of each client, whether involving pre-closing, closing or post-closing representation.
We have separate expertise that becomes directly relevant if transactions go wrong when we can field teams in dispute resolution, insolvency, restructuring and litigation. In the current economic environment, we recognise the importance of responding to our clients' needs quickly and effectively.
Access the Clifford Chance Financial Markets Toolkit – our on-line resource containing Clifford Chance's high quality resources from across our global network relevant to Trusts.