We have been advising on private equity transactions since the first buyout and development capital deals in the early 1980s and our clients benefit from our longstanding focus on this area and deep understanding of the industry.
Our award-winning, multi-disciplinary team advises financial investors across the globe on a diverse range of buyout deal types, (MBOs, MBIs and BIMBOs), secondary and follow-on transactions, take privates, joint ventures, PIPEs and pre-IPO and cornerstone investments, with a particular focus on large, cross-border transactions. Our team includes experts in both bank lending and capital markets financing to ensure that we deliver the best finance solutions.
We also advise our clients, who include various pan-emerging markets financial investors and development finance institutions, on growth capital transactions in the emerging and growth markets. Our extensive experience in this area, familiarity with the various local legal, regulatory and business landscapes, and close links with local counsel in all the key jurisdictions mean we can provide expert advice on the particular deal dynamics and issues that can arise.
The quality of our practice is reflected in the longstanding, close relationships we have established with our private equity clients, who include many of the world's leading financial investors. It is also recognised in our repeated top tier rankings in key regional and global legal directories and numerous award wins, which include European Law Firm of the Year (Transactions):
- Private Equity International Awards 2018: Law Firm of the Year in Europe (Transactions) (18th consecutive year)
- Private Equity Africa Awards 2019: Overall Legal Advisor of the Year (8 consecutive years)
- ALB China Law Awards 2019: Private Equity Law Firm of the Year - International
- Private Equity Real Estate 2018: Asian Law Firm of the Year ‘Transactions' and ‘Fund Formation'
- The Real Deals Private Equity Awards 2018: Pan-European Legal Advisor of the Year