Partners in our multi-disciplinary materials sector group are drawn from across the globe and provide legal advice which is enhanced by our focus on the agri-business, forestry, paper & pulp, container & packaging, industrial chemicals and metals industries.
By sharing experience and know-how between industries and regions, we ensure that we are alive to the current and future issues our clients may face.
Examples of our work include advising on:
- substantial M&A mandates (domestic and cross-border)
- anti-trust issues arising on M&A matters and on business activities generally
- project financing of new sites and facilities
- capital markets transactions
- environmental and compliance issues
- emissions trading.
- KUKA Aktiengesellschaft, Augsburg, Germany, on the public takeover offer made by MECCA International (BVI) Limited, a subsidiary of Midea Group Co., Ltd., for all shares in KUKA Aktiengesellschaft
- Cinven on sale of Germany-based CeramTec GmbH, a world-leading manufacturer of high-performance ceramics, to an investor consortium led by BC Partners and including Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Chinalco Capital Holdings Limited on the issue of USD$500 million 4.25% guaranteed bonds due 2022, unconditionally and irrevocable guaranteed by Aluminum Corporation of China