The automotive industry faces tremendous challenges. Competitive and financial pressures, environmental issues, e-mobility, connected and automated driving as well as the urban mobility concepts of tomorrow will not only lead to significant structural changes in the industry but will also raise fresh legal issues and a greater need for legal advice.
Our automotive industry group acts as a focal point for industry knowledge and relevant legal expertise relating to both OEMs and suppliers.
- We are involved in many of the most important Mergers & Acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments
- In conjunction with our Energy teams, we advise on current hot topics such as e-mobility
- We advise a broad range of clients on the current changes in the sector involving major OEMs and suppliers
Our client portfolio features leading international car and truck manufacturers as well as major engineering companies and suppliers.
Our group combines an outstanding advisory and transactional track record with an in-depth understanding of automotive industry developments.
- Volkswagen Group on USD 4 billion bond issuance.
- Promoting e-mobility: Volkswagen on first EUR 2 billion green bond
- Volkswagen on the issuance of EUR 3 billion hybrid bonds
- Weber Automotive on its successful sale of SaarOTEC as part of a management buyout
- Weber Automotive on its successful sale from self-administered insolvency
- Volkswagen Group on USD 4 billion bond issuance
- Tesla on real estate purchase agreement
- Banks syndicate on EUR 10bn credit facility for Volkswagen
- Volkswagen Group on high-volume multi-currency bond issuance worth around EUR 3.8 billion
- Volkswagen on Gigafactory joint venture with Swedish Northvolt
- A syndicate of German and Czech banks regarding restructuring of the automotive supplier Borgers
- Volkswagen Vertriebsbetreuungsgesellschaft mbH on buying LDB Analytics Services GmbH in several stages
- Teijin on acquisition of Benet Automotive
- Underwriters on the IPO of VW subsidiary TRATON SE on Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- McLaren Group on the combination of McLaren Automotive and McLaren Technology Group
- Europcar on the signature of an agreement with Investindustrial to acquire Goldcar
- Volkswagen AG and Volkswagen International Finance N.V. in connection with the issuance of EUR 3.5 billion in hybrid bonds
- Chinese consortium comprising Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery and China Renaissance Capital Investment on the acquisition of Robert Bosch GmbH's Starter Motors and Generators (SG) business
- Volkswagen on a bond issue in the total volume of €8 billion. The bond was issued by Volkswagen International Finance N.V. and is guaranteed by Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft
- Consortium company of AUDI AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG on the sale of 25% of the shares in HERE
- Schaeffler AG on the sale of Schaeffler Motorenelemente AG & Co. KG as well as on the acquisition of electric engine manufacturer Compact Dynamics