The industrial sector is at the core of our business. Our global Industrial Sector Group mobilises the best resources of the firm and applies our significant sector expertise in helping clients anticipate and effectively deal with any operational, project or transactional issues – we pride ourselves on being able to offer a truly global service.
The sector is facing big challenges and some structural changes will be required in response. Our experience advising on business-critical projects gives us insights into the issues clients will encounter and the ways through them, helping clients overcome these challenges.
A leading sector team
We apply our sector know-how to deliver on the most complex issues. Our industrial sector team with over 140 partners globally covers the full breadth of industrial manufacturing.
Our team has in-depth understanding of the key business challenges for industrial companies which provide both the capital goods and raw materials for worldwide production facilities. We also work with industry leaders in the automotive, aerospace and defence sectors, providing services closely aligned to their strategic and operational business needs.
- Volkswagen Financial Services on the acquisition of the financial services business from MAN Group
- China's largest automaker SAIC Motor Corporation to establish a joint venture with Thailand's largest conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group to produce MG automobiles in Thailand for domestic and international markets
- Siemens AG on the sale of TLT-Turbo GmbH to Power Construction Corporation of China
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) on its takeover of the Meurer-Group
- Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA) on its HK$8.89 billion takeover of Vinda International Holdings Limited
- China Minmetals Corporation on the issuance of RMB2.5 billion 3.65% bonds due 2016. This is the biggest single tranche bond among the five state-owned enterprises (SOEs) which have obtained approvals from the China National Development and Reform commission (approved on a case by case basis) to directly issue RMB bonds offshore