Leigh Smith advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on trade marks.
Leigh has worked on a number of significant transactions in the banking and FMCG sectors. He also advises on brand protection strategies, including the clearance, registration and enforcement of trade marks. He has experience of conducting matters before the UKIPO and EUIPO, as well as before the English High Court.
Clifford Chance advises on US$1 billion acquisition of Outfit7 Investments
10 February 2017
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Spain
25 June 2014
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Greece
13 June 2014
Career and qualifications
- Durham University (LLB, Law with European Legal Studies) 2005
- Stockholm University (LLM, European Intellectual Property Law) 2007
- McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2010
- Oxford University (Post-Graduate Diploma, Intellectual Property Law and Practice) 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014