How to apply online
To apply online for all U.K. roles except graduate opportunities, please click HERE.
Contact us if you have a problem with your application.
As one of the world's main financial centres, London is a key market for Clifford Chance, and has been since the firm was founded in 1802. Today, we advise some of the leading names in finance and business on complex and critical legal issues. A leader in the London legal market, we are ranked 'top-tier' in more areas of law than any other UK firm (Chambers UK 2009).
- Mobility is positively encouraged at Clifford Chance. If you have an appetite to work abroad, it's a very real prospect: last year we seconded a record 220 people around the Firm globally.
- First-class facilities which range from a multi-faith prayer room, wellness and fitness centre complete with swimming pool, to on-site hairdresser and in-house dining and cafe.
- We take our responsibilities to the communities in which we live and work very seriously. Lawyers are encouraged to become involved in this work, through initiatives including our long-standing literacy and numeracy programmes with Shapla School, and our FreeLaw legal volunteering scheme
Join our teams of talented lawyers and enjoy working on some of the most complex legal work there is.
Our Canary Wharf office
Providing an outstanding working environment.
Opportunities to get involved in a range of activities.
Offering you the highest quality work.
Our working environment
Find out about our working culture.
How we support you
Offering you all you need to perform well in your job - now and in the future.
Taking your ongoing career development seriously.
We advise clients on matters and transactions that redefine their businesses. We use our technical skills, commercial know-how and substantial resources to get them the best possible results.
Full-service offering from top-ranked teams
We have London roots that go back to the early 1800s. Today we work closely with domestic and international companies, financial institutions, regulators, and government and public-sector bodies.
Our clients have access to top-tier legal advice across the full spectrum. In 2016, the Legal 500 UK ranked us tier one in 31 categories, more than any other law firm in the UK. We are well known for our work in finance and the debt and equity capital markets, as well as corporate advisory and M&A work; litigation and dispute resolution; real estate; and tax, pensions and employment.
A capability that delivers high-profile results
We have invested in order to build a resource that meets our clients' needs. Our London team is integrated with our international network of offices– in 2016, Chambers Global awarded us more global tier one rankings than any other firm.
This gives us the ability to field multi-practice, multi-jurisdictional teams to address complex issues within tight timescales.
This capability delivers results for our clients on business critical matters. Examples from 2016 include advising the key Anheuser-Busch InBev shareholders in relation to its bid for SAB Miller plc, the biggest brewing takeover in history; Citi in relation to the bank's successful defence of Terra Firma's GBP 1.5bn law suit in the High Court; and a consortium of leading global private equity funds comprised of Cinven and CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of leading consumer finance provider NewDay.
A focus on efficiency
Our ethos is to strive to deliver what our clients need in the most commercial, pragmatic and efficient way possible. We regularly partner with clients to examine the complete end-to-end process of regular legal mandates so that we can identify more efficient ways of working together. For information about our award-winning Continuous Improvement team, please visit Delivering value to our clients.
Highly rated by clients and competitors
We believe in long-term client relationships and we invest time and energy to understand our clients' businesses, priorities, and their working culture. Comments in independent legal directories suggest that clients appreciate the way we work as much as the results we deliver:
- "What stands out is that they have their finger on the pulse of market developments, not just legal issues but also market and financial developments."
Chambers UK 2017
- "Their commerciality sets them apart: they can apply the law to business situations and are very good at understanding a company's inner workings."
Chambers UK 2017
- "They provide a quality service. They have high-calibre partners who are prepared to invest time in getting to know us."
Chambers UK 2017