Competition authorities around the world have increased their focus on fintech as part of a broader increase in intervention in financial services and tech markets. Deals have been blocked, fines have been imposed and fintech firms taken to court. Our international panel discussed the risks and opportunities that come from new developments and legislative reforms.
Our speaker panel included:
- Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Senior Advisor in Competition Law at the Financial Conduct Authority in London
- Tim Cornell, Partner and Head of the Clifford Chance US Antitrust practice based in Washington, D.C.
- Michael Dietrich, Partner in the Clifford Chance Antitrust practice in Düsseldorf
- Marian Scheele, Head of the Clifford Chance Amsterdam Fintech group
- Daniel Schwarz, Senior Associate in the Clifford Chance Antitrust practice in London