European Perspectives webinar
Navigating foreign direct investment rules can be critical for the success of international M&A transactions. In recent years, there has been a global trend towards protectionism and raising of barriers to foreign investments. In Europe, a number of new or stricter foreign investment regimes have been introduced or are in the process of being developed, including the EU Screening Regulation, amended review procedures in France, Germany and Italy, and new review procedures in the UK.
In this webinar, Anastasios Tomtsis, Partner in our Brussels Antitrust practice moderated a multi-jurisdictional panel of speakers with FDI and M&A expertise from Clifford Chance's offices in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the UK.
- FDI's importance in Europe and the interplay with other regulatory review processes (merger control and foreign subsidies)
- EU FDI screening mechanism
- FDI insights from key EU jurisdictions (France, Germany, Italy)
- Insights on new FDI regulation in the United Kingdom
- Considerations from a Japanese perspective