View Larger Map
Our Seoul office gives clients ready access to over 30 years of Korean-market experience.
Local know-how, regional and international reach
Clifford Chance is committed to Korea. We've worked with Korean clients for over 30 years and were one of the first international law firms to open an office in Seoul in 2012. Our clients include Korean and international corporations, banks and financial institutions, and regulatory bodies. We work with Korean businesses who are managing and building their overseas operations, and with international companies who are investing in Korean markets and enterprises.
Our Korea team includes lawyers fluent in Korean, Mandarin, and English. We have hands-on experience of Korean and international deals and work closely with Korean-speaking colleagues in Hong Kong when clients need to access Hong Kong's financial markets. The team regularly draws on the firm’s expertise in the full range of practice areas and our Asia Pacific resources.
Capability and connections that deliver for all our clients
Complex, international work demands teams who work together to obtain the best possible results and connect clients – both international and Korean – to the right skills and resources.
For example, we are advising Korean clients on several international financings and M&A projects; our Korean competition-law team is working with Korean clients across multiple jurisdictions; and we are advising Korean clients on EU Commission antitrust investigations.
- advising Hanwha Chemical on the asset purchase agreement to acquire Q-Cells in Germany
- advising Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of a power station stake in Australia held by Marubeni
- advising LG Electronics Inc. as US and UK counsel on the US$2 billion GMTN programme establishment of the IssuerAdvising Lenders in connection with US$ 100 million 1-Year Term Loan Facility for NH Bank
- assisting lenders and KEXIM/ K -Sure in financing the Eurasia tunnel in Turkey
- assisting the Lenders in relation to a loan facility for Samsung Saudi Arabia Co., Ltd guaranteed by Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd.