Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
Practice area Intellectual property, Litigation & dispute resolution
Sector Consumer goods & retail, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Telecommunications, media & technology
Alvin Khodabaks is a Partner in our Amsterdam office, where he heads up our Intellectual Property (IP) and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice group.
Alvin is also a key member of Clifford Chance’s global TMT and Consumer Goods & Retail sector focus groups.
Having joined the firm in 1999, Alvin has well over a decade’s experience of IP and technology-related commercial contracting and litigation. In recent years he has focused in particular on cloud and outsourcing projects, acting for both vendors and customers in a variety of sectors.
- University of Amsterdam (Law) 1999
- Admitted as an advocaat to the Dutch Bar 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance 1999
- Secondment to New York 2005 – 2006
- Partner since 2010
- Dutch Copyright Association (ALAI)
- Dutch Association for Media and Communication Law (VMC)
- International Computer Law Association (iTechLaw)
- Dutch Internet Society (ISOC)
- Dutch Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR)
- Member of the supervisory board of e-court (online dispute resolution)
- Mentor at the Founder Institute
- Alvin Khodabaks displays "in-depth knowledge of Benelux IP laws".
Legal 500 2011
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter Issue 5/14
7 May 2014
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter - Issue 02/2014
30 April 2014
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter - Issue 10/13
17 October 2013
New ICT breach notification requirements proposed in the Netherlands
14 August 2013