Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion is specialises in structuring complex and alternative UCITS funds and advises prime investment banks and hedge fund managers.
He is also a highly regarded expert in alternative funds, with a focus on real estate and private equity funds, targeting institutional markets worldwide, being involved both in their structuring and their subsequent acquisitions.
Emmanuel is actively engaged in several industry bodies, including ALFI, EFAMA and INREV and has been selected by the Luxembourg Commission for the Financial Sector (the "CSSF") to join its Investment Fund Managers Committee, the mission of which is to address the topics relating to collective investment in general and the Luxembourg industry of investment funds and their managers in particular.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Master in Applied Economics) 1991
- Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Master in Law) 1995
- Associate, de Bandt, van Hecke & Lagae 1996
- Associate, Linklaters LLP, Luxembourg 1999
- Admitted as Avocat à la Cour
- Partner, Linklaters LLP, Luxembourg 2005
- Joined Clifford Chance as Partner 2019
- Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)
- Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
- European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
- European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate (INREV)
Awards and citations
- Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion is singled out by a client for his "commercial and client-oriented approach," as well as his "very deep knowledge of the market and solid technical background."
Chambers Europe 2021: Investment Funds
- Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion is noted for his UCITS and regulatory expertise and interviewees describe him as "a very good lawyer with great legal skills.".
Chambers Europe 2020: Investment Funds