Kathy Phan is an associate in Clifford Chance’s Houston office in the firm’s Capital Markets practice. She focuses on public and private capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate transactions. Her clients include companies and financial institutions across public and private financing transactions including secured and unsecured high yield debt offerings, tender offers and other liability management transactions. Kathy also advises on general securities law compliance, corporate governance, stock exchange rules and other public company matters.
Parties in capital markets transactions
- Initial purchasers in the US$575 million offering of convertible senior notes by Sunnova Energy International Inc.
- Underwriters in the US$1.0 billion offering of senior notes by Enterprise Products Operating LLC
- CNX Resources Corporation in its US$500 million senior notes offering and tender offer
- Energy Transfer LP in its US$2.5 billion senior notes offering
Parties in M&A transactions
- EVgo Services LLC in its business combination with Climate Change Crisis Real Impact I Acquisition Corporation
- Select Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc.
- Select Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of Agua Libre Midstream, LLC
- Placement agent in the business combination between Nauticus Robotics, Inc. and CleanTech Acquisition Corp.
- Weatherford International in public company and liability management matters, including the solicitation of consents to amend its secured notes indenture
- Energy Transfer LP in public company, corporate governance and liability management matters, including SEC filings and related disclosure
- Select Energy Services, Inc. in public company, corporate governance and liability management matters, including SEC filings and related disclosure, shelf registrations and corporate reorganizations
- EVgo Inc. in public company, corporate governance and liability management matters, including SEC filings and related disclosure and shelf registrations
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Political Science and Ethnicity, Race and Migration, Yale University (B.A.) 2015
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (J.D.) 2020
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Texas 2020
- Joined Clifford Chance 2023