Miles Binney has extensive international experience in derivatives and financial markets products. He is also a key contributor to the firm's international FinTech capabilities. His expertise across a broad range of asset classes, transaction types and jurisdictions offers a unique and highly valued package.
Miles regularly advises on global and local financial regulatory developments and financial market infrastructure.
Miles also has extensive experience in FinTech, with a particular interest in blockchain and crypto products. He regularly advises leading DLT technology firms, crypto derivative exchanges and other innovative businesses on global regulatory, trading and product development related matters.
He has worked in our London and Singapore offices. He has spent time in-house in leading financial institutions, including client secondments in London to Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley and Man Group, as well completing an international secondment to Zurich.
- Regularly advising on IBOR transition-related planning and remediation projects for both buy side and sell side firms, including the preparation of new confirmation templates and fallback provisions
- Regularly advising on the development of a crypto derivatives trading documentation for various clients globally
- Regularly advising on master trade finance documentation (including receivables purchase and participation arrangements) for both banks and corporates
- Regularly advising on hedging linked to large syndicated cross-border finance transactions, and related issues (including IBOR transition and integration with other products)
- Advising on the negotiation of bespoke prime brokerage, financing and custody arrangements linked to derivatives trading and margin
- Advising on interest rate and foreign exchange rate derivative transactions (including futures, swaps, options, swaptions and outright forwards) to hedge exposures in connection with leveraged finance transactions
- Advising on securities lending and repos, transactional securities and a full range of financial market products, including structured products
- Regularly advising on market-access products in the APAC market, including China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand and others
- Drafting the terms of business for a DLT technology platform
- Advising on close-out (termination) of financial transactions in contentious or stressed scenarios, including the preparation of notices and statements, and providing valuable strategic advice
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Queen Mary College, University of London (LL.B.) 2008
- Warwick University, Masters Degree (LL.M.) 2009 (Best Graduating Student)
- BPP University (LPC) 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance London 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance Singapore 2017