Tomáš Brožek is a seasoned, Czech law qualified lawyer specialising primarily in Restructuring & Insolvency law. Tomáš regularly represents creditors in insolvency proceedings but also advice to both sellers and buyers in distressed transactions and out-of-court restructurings, including provision of distressed financing.
Tomáš also has experience with representing clients in civil law proceedings, tax litigation matters and arbitration proceedings in front of key Czech and European institutions such as the Arbitration Court attached to the Czech Chamber of Commerce and the Agricultural Chamber of the Czech Republic, the International Chamber of Commerce, and the Vienna International Arbitral Centre.
- Advising Komerční banka a majority creditor in the insolvency proceedings of VITRABLOK, traditional Czech glass manufacturer. The advisory also included representation in creditors bodies and negotiation and execution of the assignment of receivables to potential new investor into VITRABLOK.
- Advising Airbus, world's leading aircraft manufacturer, and Nordic Aviation, one of the world's largest aircraft leasing companies, in relation to extraordinary moratorium followed by formal insolvency proceedings of Czech Airlines.
- Advising Citibank as one of the biggest creditors in the insolvency proceedings of Sberbank CZ, Czech subsidiary of Russian Sberbank.
- Advising a consortium of Czech banks in relation to the default of German real estate holding and subsequent enforcement process, including initiation of multiple insolvency and criminal proceedings in Germany.
- Advising reputable international bank headquartered in Switzerland as a majority creditor on insolvency proceedings of a bankrupt Czech real estate developer.
- Advising Oriens on their investment and take-over of distressed group of retail stores and breweries.
- Advising Daejung Czech on acquisition of ČKD Bojkovice from Czech insolvency proceedings.
- Advising major Czech bank in multiple ICC arbitration proceedings concerning indemnity claims.
- Advising a Czech real estate developer in disputes against a construction company, concerning penalties for late delivery of works and claims for damages.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Erasmus University, Rotterdam (Erasmus Programme), 2010
- Palacky University, Olomouc (Mgr.) 2012
- Central European University, Budapest (LL.M.) 2013
- Czech Bar Association, 2016
- Joined Clifford Chance 2022
- Member of Turnaround Management Association, Czech Chapter
- Member of INSOL Europe
- Member of Section for insolvency law of the Czech Bar Association