Arthur Barbé's experience extends across international and domestic M&A, general corporate law, banking and finance as well as assisting entrepreneurs and venture capital investors in the tech sector.
Arthur has extensive experience in private acquisitions and disposals, restructurings and joint ventures, both for strategic and for private equity parties, acting for sellers and buyers alike.
- Verlinvest, a Belgian investment group, on the sale of the Valtech group and the subsequent new investment by BC Partners.
- Deliverect, a Belgian tech start-up leading in the online meal-ordering software market, on the corporate aspects of its financing rounds.
- EQT Infrastructure on its EUR 2.5bn joint venture with Proximus for the roll-out of FTTH in Flanders.
- Corialis, a leading player in the global aluminum profiles market, on the sale of Corialis, as well as on management’s reinvestment.
- AYES, a Belgian tech start-up developing software for the navigation of blind and visually impaired people, on its initial capital round
- Azelis, a specialty chemicals supplier, and its majority shareholder EQT on its €1.8 billion IPO and listing of its shares on Euronext Brussels, including its extensive pre-IPO restructuring
- The European Investment Bank on its venture debt loan to iSTAR Medical, a medical device company developing ophthalmic implants.
- Belgian independent private equity firm Straco in setting up a joint venture with Downtown Real Estate for the acquisition and further development of a real estate portfolio previously owned by Befimmo which was valued at 104 million euros.
- Elia on TSO unbundling, licensing rights and cross-border requirements including extensive benchmarking and feasibility study
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Ghent (Master of Laws) 2016
- University of Ghent (Master in General Economics) 2018
- Harvard Law School (LL.M) 2020
- Joined Clifford Chance 2020
- Lawyer at another major international law firm prior to joining Clifford Chance