*Admitted in Québec Canada, not admitted in Australia
Enrico Soudaiha practices in international commercial arbitration, investor-state dispute settlement, and public international law. He has particular focus on disputes under international investment treaties relating to investments in Latin America and Africa.
Enrico acts for clients across a variety of sectors, including energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and pharmaceuticals. He has acted in international arbitrations under the ICSID, ICC and SIAC Rules.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, Enrico practiced at a law firm in Canada advising clients on M&A and investment transactions mainly within the industrial sector.
- Representing Odebrecht Latinvest S.a.r.l. in an ongoing ICSID arbitration against Peru in relation to the expropriation of a gas pipeline (ICSID Case No. ARB/20/4).
- Representing Sundance Resources Limited and Congo Iron SA in an ongoing ICC arbitration against the Republic of Congo following the revocation of its mining license for the Nabeba-Mbalam Iron Ore Project (ICC Case No 26145 /DDA/AZO).
- Representing Sundance Resources Limited and Cam Iron SA in an ongoing ICC arbitration against the Republic of Cameroon following the government’s refusal to grant a mining permit for the Mbalam-Nabeba Iron Ore Project (ICC Case No. 26291/AZO).
- Representing EEPL Holdings in an ongoing ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Congo under the Mauritius Congo BIT concerning the alleged expropriation of the Badondo Iron Ore Project (ICSID Case No. ARB/21/53).
- Representing Midus Holdings and Congo Mining SA in an ongoing ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Congo following the revocation of its mining license for the Mayoko-Moussondji Iron Ore Project (ICSID Case No. ARB/21/58).
- Representing Greenland Minerals Ltd in an ongoing arbitration against the Government of Greenland and the Government of Denmark regarding the right to develop the Kvanefjeld Technology Metals Project (ad hoc).
- Represented a middle eastern state in an ICSID arbitration brought by a Jordanian investor in a dispute related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Representing a subcontractor in numerous ongoing disputes with contractor (including ACICA arbitration) concerning the design and construction of a rail facility in New South Wales.
- Representing a multinational industrial conglomerate in parallel SIAC and ICC arbitrations concerning the offshore and onshore scope of contracts to supply equipment and services in connection with a coal-fired power plant in South-East Asia. The arbitrations are seated in London and Singapore.
- Advised an Australian mining company on tax adjustment strategies concerning a mining project in West Africa.
- Advised a French accounting company on aspects relating to Lebanese criminal law concerning a partnership dispute.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- The Hague Academy of International Law (Private International Law) 2015
- Saint Joseph University of Beirut (LLB – French and Lebanese Laws) 2018
- University of Montréal (Equivalency Program – Law) 2020
- Admitted to the Barreau du Québec 2022
- Associate, Lette & Associés S.E.N.C.R.L., Montréal 2021 – 2022
- Joined Clifford Chance 2022
- Jeune Barreau de Montréal
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australia-Latin America Business Council