2 March 2022
Clifford Chance advises Grenergy on their entrance into the US renewable energy market
Clifford Chance has advised Grenergy, one of the largest Spanish renewables group, on their initial purchase of a 40% stake in the US located solar project developer Sofos Harbert, and the option to acquire the remaining 60% under certain milestones.
This crossborder transaction will allow the Spanish operator and developer of solar and wind assets to gain a foothold in the growing US renewable energy market.
Our Global Financial Markets team was led by Madrid partner José Guardo together with New York partner Michael Bonsignore. They were supported by associates Eduardo Sánchez and Gabriel Miranda from our Madrid team and Stephanie Kilmer from our New York offices.